All our products come with a full guarantee.
Read More >
- "The Dahlia's I bought from you have been absolutely beautiful. Wish I had more room.""
- "All of the dahlias that I ordered are blooming beautifully. Gitty Up is my new favorite - interesting color combination and a little blooming machine. Thanks for providing such excellent tubers. A fan for life!"
- "I wanted to tell you how wonderfully your dahlias are performing in my garden, despite the fact that they have had less than perfect conditions! I live in humid Georgia and all but the biggest bloomed plants are prolifically producing gorgeous flowers. I'm new to dahlias but they couldn't be easier or more rewarding. Thanks so much--"
- "Just wanted to say how happy I am with my dahlia order. They are huge, with lots of buds."
- "I now understand why the reputation of Swan Island Dahlia is as it is. Our nation's leading Dahlia growing family stands behind your product like no other company. I am impressed and most pleasantly pleased with your response and actions. You've definitely secured another fan and promoter. Thank you!"
- "Hi there. Just wanted to express my gratitude. I ordered Saturday, and received my order Tuesday. Very fast, and the tubers look very high quality."
- "I have been growing Swan Island dahlias for many years, and have many favorites. Too many, if you ask my wife. But I have to tell you that it is a privilege to share the earth with so lovely and perfect a flower as Sheer Heaven. Keep up the good work! You and your flowers bring joy to so many!"
- "Thank you for the amazing flowers.They arrived in perfect condition and followed directions for caring for them. They made fabulous arrangements for our party tomorrow evening. I will pass your name around for sure."
- "You are the most prompt plant supplier I have every dealt with in my 50+ years of gardening. The tubers look good and are in the ground."
- "Thank you. Not only do you have the best dahlia bulbs, you have great service!"
- "Healthy tubers - packed great! Just want to thank you for good service & quality products. Have been customer several years & recommend highly. Thanks!"
- "Great staff, prompt service, and friendly people. Thanks again"
- "Thank you very much. As always, your service is exceptionally wonderful as are your dahlias."
OUR GUARANTEE TO YOU:
We sell only top quality 1st grade A single division tubers (price is per tuber), fully guaranteed to grow, be true to name, and free from disease. Guarantee covers the current seasons orders, and we are not responsible for customer negligence, weather conditions, rodent damage, winter storage, or performance of plants in following seasons. Each tuber will produce a full size plant. All dahlias should emerge from the soil within 3-5 weeks after planting. For any dahlia that fails to emerge after 5 weeks, please dig it up and contact us immediately for further instructions, no later than August 1st of the same growing season. Any other concerns regarding your growing dahlias must be reported by October 1st of the same growing season. If you start your dahlias early or grow in containers we do not recommend using any type of soil with pre-added fertilizers or compost. Our customers are reporting fatal results when these enriched products are used to start their dahlias. We reserve the right to request the return of any failed dahlia(s) before replacements will be made. Replacements of the same variety will be sent the following spring at no charge. NO CASH REFUNDS.
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE?:
We offer single division dahlia tubers. All of our tubers come with a 100% guarantee to grow beautifully for you. Each price is based on the amount of stock available and is for 1 tuber. Each single division tuber will produce a full size plant with many flowers and many more tubers for following seasons. Please make sure to give them lots of love and care so that they can grow properly for you – more information
Grown in the USA!
All of our tubers that we offer have been grown at our farm located in Canby, Oregon, USA. We are our very own supplier, unlike many companies in this industry. Buy USA grown dahlias first!
Pot roots vs. Single divisions
A single division tuber (99% of what we offer and what are planted each year in our fields) is a tuber that has been field grown to maturity divided, stored, and then packed with love and shipped out to you. A pot root is a dahlia cutting that has been forced in a greenhouse, partially grown and then dug up and sold. US growers/domestic grown dahlias will mainly be single division. Imported dahlias will be pot roots. Both will produce and grow beautifully for you. There should be no difference in growing one over the other.
Each dahlia tuber that is sent out is hand stamped with its name directly on it. Tubers may arrive packed together in the same bag so please be sure to open your bag and inspect your dahlia tubers carefully.
We begin shipping dahlia tubers March 1st and continue through the first full week of June each year. No orders shipped prior to March 1st. Please see our shipping map for full details on your areas shipping times. Dahlia tubers are shipped at the earliest practical time for planting in their respective areas. We ship by Priority mail to ensure the best delivery of your dahlias. Shipping charges are determined by order total. If you need an exact or special shipping date please be sure to include an additional $5.00 to the standard cost of shipping along with the date you would like your order shipped out on (available March 1 through June 8).
ORDER PROCESSING & PAYMENT:
Orders are processed by date received. Payment must accompany all orders. We accept Check, Money order, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. Credit cards are charged out upon receipt just as your checks are deposited. This reserves your order as of this date. Please order early as our dahlias are sold on a first come first serve basis. Non-sufficient funds – bad check fee is $25.00 for any checks returned to us by our bank.
Swan Island Dahlias employs family and friends who love dahlias, and grow dahlias as a hobby, and who enjoy sharing their knowledge with others. We welcome your questions and comments in continuing to improve our products and service. Family owned and operated for over 88 years.
Once you have placed an order online it may not be ammended by placing another order online. The only way to revise an order placed through the online ordering system is to call us toll free at 1-800-410-6540. Each order placed online will be invoiced and shipped seperately. Please be sure to make any additions or order changes prior to February 15th to avoid any additional shipping charges.
Please see our Bonus Page (button to the left)
Please note that bonus gifts are subject to change due to availability and do change each season.
Collections are a great way to save money$$$ - We offer pre-packaged collections for you to select from. These collections are packed up in advance in order to save you money$$$ - They cannot be changed. Please note that collections are subject to change due to availability and do change each season.
Cancelled orders are subject to a $10.00 cancellation fee or 10% of your order which ever is greater to cover processing/restocking.
Customers having ordered from us in the past 3 years automatically receive a catalog each year in December. Due to such high postage costs our catalogs are only mailed within the US. So please be sure to watch your mailbox!
CANADIAN AND INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
Orders shipped outside the US will require an Agriculture Inspection Certificate at a charge of $45 per shipped order. We ship orders going outside the US on the 5th and the 20th of each month, March through May. Shipping cost of orders shipping to Canada is $24.95 per order and all other international orders shipping cost is $2.00 per tuber with a minimum of $29.95 per order. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your package to clear your countries customs department.
We stand behind all dahlias that we sell and want our customers happy and satisfied. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the dahlias that you have received please contact us within 10 days of receipt of your order for return instructions. Once your dahlias have been returned we will issue a refund for the amount of product purchased. (Shipping and handling is non refundable)
For our local customers we offer pick up orders beginning April 1st through May each year. You may bring your order out with you, purchase the dahlias you would like, pay for them and take them home with you the same day. Any and all orders placed in advance will be shipped out. We are open for pick-ups 9 am – 4 pm Monday-Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Fields open for viewing 7 days a week from dawn to dusk, August 1st through September 30th. Office is open Monday through Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm Saturday & Sunday 10 am to 3 pm. We are family owned and operated so during the months of June and July we are in and out of the office & field. The best way to reach us during these 2 months is by email or voicemail allowing both you and us flexibility.
We offer fresh cut flowers mid-July through frost (usually the first week in October) each year, for local pick up. To order cut flowers please call us at (503) 266-7711 (We do not offer U-picks) If you are not specific on colors we have a great selection at our fresh cut self-serve stand for you to just drop by and purchase some.
Fresh cut dahlias may be shipped out for events. Minimum order for shipping is 15 bunches (10 stems/bunch). Please call for details or see cutflower page (top of web page) for more information.
BLOOM TIMES: In general the larger the bloom the longer the time for them to get blooming. 8-12" blooms will take approx. 120 days from planting to bloom time. Low Growing and dwarf dahlias will take approx. 75 from planting to bloom time. All others will be blooming approx. 90 days after planting. Once they begin to bloom they will continue to bloom through frost.
SUBSTITUTES: If something should be unavailable we will do our absolute best at making sure you are notified ahead of time. Please let us know when placing your order if something is unavailable would you prefer a refund or substitution? Make sure this is noted on your order at the time it is placed as we are unable to call or contact you later. We only substitute with a similar variety of dahlia, same or greater value. Thank you!
WHAT WILL MY TUBERS LOOK LIKE? WHAT AM I PURCHASING?
Swan Island Dahlias has a unique way of labeling the tubers. You will find the variety name stamped on each individual tuber you receive, as see in the photo. Your tubers will be packaged in the same bag, and you will be able to identify each tuber with the name on it. Some tubers will show sprouted eyes and others may have dormant eyes when you receive them. All tubers are guaranteed to grow and produce beautiful flowers.