All our products come with a full guarantee.
Read More >
- "The Dahlia's I bought from you have been absolutely beautiful. Wish I had more room.""
- "All of the dahlias that I ordered are blooming beautifully. Gitty Up is my new favorite - interesting color combination and a little blooming machine. Thanks for providing such excellent tubers. A fan for life!"
- "I wanted to tell you how wonderfully your dahlias are performing in my garden, despite the fact that they have had less than perfect conditions! I live in humid Georgia and all but the biggest bloomed plants are prolifically producing gorgeous flowers. I'm new to dahlias but they couldn't be easier or more rewarding. Thanks so much--"
- "Just wanted to say how happy I am with my dahlia order. They are huge, with lots of buds."
- "I now understand why the reputation of Swan Island Dahlia is as it is. Our nation's leading Dahlia growing family stands behind your product like no other company. I am impressed and most pleasantly pleased with your response and actions. You've definitely secured another fan and promoter. Thank you!"
- "Hi there. Just wanted to express my gratitude. I ordered Saturday, and received my order Tuesday. Very fast, and the tubers look very high quality."
- "I have been growing Swan Island dahlias for many years, and have many favorites. Too many, if you ask my wife. But I have to tell you that it is a privilege to share the earth with so lovely and perfect a flower as Sheer Heaven. Keep up the good work! You and your flowers bring joy to so many!"
- "Thank you for the amazing flowers.They arrived in perfect condition and followed directions for caring for them. They made fabulous arrangements for our party tomorrow evening. I will pass your name around for sure."
- "You are the most prompt plant supplier I have every dealt with in my 50+ years of gardening. The tubers look good and are in the ground."
- "Thank you. Not only do you have the best dahlia bulbs, you have great service!"
- "Healthy tubers - packed great! Just want to thank you for good service & quality products. Have been customer several years & recommend highly. Thanks!"
- "Great staff, prompt service, and friendly people. Thanks again"
- "Thank you very much. As always, your service is exceptionally wonderful as are your dahlias."
Order August 1st for Spring 2017 delivery
POOH (CO) Intoduced in 1998. A collarette color that is just plain cute! 3 1/2" bright orange blooms outlined in bright yellow, with a yellow collar make this one hard to miss. Very prolific bloomer on a 4 1/2' bush. Incredible garden color and holds well as a cutflower too. An attention getting collarette variety to add to your collection. Recommended as a cut flower. Should do well in exhibition.
This product ships in the Spring.
Pooh the workhorse!
10/10/2015 10:51 PM
Pooh is a phenomenal dahlia for anyone from the starter dahlia-lover to the pro. It's like the energizer-bunny of dahlias. My Pooh's always produce a slough of new tubers each year and the plants just cover themselves with flowers. This variety seems to have some serious inherent disease resistance and is the only dahlia I might consider almost"unkillable." The bees absolutely adore Pooh and it's one of he heartiest varieties I have.
grown for over 15 years
9/25/2015 11:47 AM
I have had this dahlia for over 15 years - acquired it by transplanting in the middle of august due to a move. Yes, it survived and flourished the next year. It is always the one dahlia that I most enjoy watching it bloom. We had intense heat in Oregon this summer, and I lost my well, so had no water for 6 weeks. Pooh just slowed down almost like it was waiting for me to realize that it was really thirsty. Once the watering resumed...pooh was the first one to perk back up and bloom for me. Some, well, I'm still waiting. I leave the tubers in the ground and overwinter them. I've lost some during really frigid winters - but not pooh. The bonus is how much bumblebees love the collarettes. I have been slowly replacing a lot of my "regular" dahlias with the collarettes & anemone style.
My New Favorite
8/22/2015 6:29 PM
Everyone comments on how stunning this one is! It's unique and generous-sized, blends well with other dahlias, make great cut flowers and plenty of blooms. Highly recommended.
(flowery branch, GA)
11/18/2013 11:32 PM
i can't remember if i flashed a review ,or not.pooh deserves another.what fun so many had,cut 8 flowers seemed as if 10 popped up overnite.in ga. the plant grew over 5ft ,we had more wonderful flowers than it seemed i could share.it lead what was a wonderful dahlia garden.for color to perk things up in i'm sure a beautiful garden.pooh was a lot of fun from spring thru fall.no less than25 flowers at a time on the plant,and still sharing.
A little bit of sunshine...
(Myrtle Creek, OR)
12/2/2012 12:12 AM
I received this plant as a gift from a friend, and I really like it. The blooms are just the right size to add interest to a mixed bouquet without overpowering it with too much orange or too much yellow. A simple vase of just these blooms makes quite the cheery statement on a rainy summer day, too.