All our products come with a full guarantee.
Read More >
- "The Dahlia's I bought from you have been absolutely beautiful. Wish I had more room.""
- "All of the dahlias that I ordered are blooming beautifully. Gitty Up is my new favorite - interesting color combination and a little blooming machine. Thanks for providing such excellent tubers. A fan for life!"
- "I wanted to tell you how wonderfully your dahlias are performing in my garden, despite the fact that they have had less than perfect conditions! I live in humid Georgia and all but the biggest bloomed plants are prolifically producing gorgeous flowers. I'm new to dahlias but they couldn't be easier or more rewarding. Thanks so much--"
- "Just wanted to say how happy I am with my dahlia order. They are huge, with lots of buds."
- "I now understand why the reputation of Swan Island Dahlia is as it is. Our nation's leading Dahlia growing family stands behind your product like no other company. I am impressed and most pleasantly pleased with your response and actions. You've definitely secured another fan and promoter. Thank you!"
- "Hi there. Just wanted to express my gratitude. I ordered Saturday, and received my order Tuesday. Very fast, and the tubers look very high quality."
- "I have been growing Swan Island dahlias for many years, and have many favorites. Too many, if you ask my wife. But I have to tell you that it is a privilege to share the earth with so lovely and perfect a flower as Sheer Heaven. Keep up the good work! You and your flowers bring joy to so many!"
- "Thank you for the amazing flowers.They arrived in perfect condition and followed directions for caring for them. They made fabulous arrangements for our party tomorrow evening. I will pass your name around for sure."
- "You are the most prompt plant supplier I have every dealt with in my 50+ years of gardening. The tubers look good and are in the ground."
- "Thank you. Not only do you have the best dahlia bulbs, you have great service!"
- "Healthy tubers - packed great! Just want to thank you for good service & quality products. Have been customer several years & recommend highly. Thanks!"
- "Great staff, prompt service, and friendly people. Thanks again"
- "Thank you very much. As always, your service is exceptionally wonderful as are your dahlias."
Citron De Cap - Item #446
CITRON DE CAP - (BLC) Introduced in 2001. Big, beautiful 7" blooms of the most delicate yellow with a dusting of rose blush over the petal tips. the blooms are as deep as they are wide. Heavily lacinated petals give the flowers an extremely lacey appearance, which can be striking in arrangements as well as in the garden. Although the 4' plant produces enough stems to cut and has long lasting flowers, it is better suited for exhibition and should win lots of ribbons. Should do well in exhibition. Recommended as a cut flower.
This product ships in the Spring.
Beautiful blooms, weak stems
(New Haven, CT)
4/29/2015 10:25 AM
I bought this dahlia 3 years ago & have enjoyed this flower in many bouquets. In my garden, the tips turn lavender, not rose and I agree with a previous reviewer that the lacinated petals make for a dramatic addition. The problem is in the many offshoots that also produce flowers. They break very easily in winds over 15 mph which is common along the coast here in the Northeast. My solution after 3 years of frustration was to put a tomato cage around this plant after it reached 1 1/2 feet. This solved our problem but not after losing 3-4 stems to winds that the other dahlias easily tolerated. I have divided this dahlia, sharing with friends and family & have warned them about the stems. We'll see what happens by summers' end. Good Gardening!
6/8/2013 5:02 PM
Citron is a very close runner-up to Hissy Fitz as my favorite yellow. I actually prefer Citron's color, but in my experience,Hissy has been more prolific.
(Myrtle Creek, OR)
12/2/2012 1:34 AM
I thought this dahlia had died in the ground, and I was very sad because it is such a lovely, prolific bloomer and the flower, with the lacination, is so delicate and dreamy looking. However, I was very happily surprised to see it blooming one day. It had, apparently, grown sideways before breaking ground because it came up so far away from where I had planted it that it bloomed in the middle of another plant! This dahlia makes wonderful cut flowers, and was the star of my dahlia garden last year. I just had to be careful because the blooms were so big, lush and heavy that the stems would bend and be crushed if I didn't keep cutting the flowers as they opened. Since I like loads of flowers in my house, this wasn't a problem for me...